Estate Planning through Wills, Trusts and Lifetime Giving
We prepare wills and trusts for our clients and build estate plans that accomplish our clients’ objectives. We are skilled at drafting documents that respond to the complexities of family life in the 21st century. For the high net worth client, we undertake sophisticated tax planning. All of our attorneys possess extensive experience in planning to reduce or eliminate estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes.
A client may wish to make lifetime gifts to his or her loved ones. Such gifts can be very effective estate, tax and family planning tools. We assist the client in deciding whether a gift should be made outright or in trust, and advise the client on the ways in which the use of a trust may accomplish the client’s objectives. In some cases, we may recommend the use of a family limited partnership or similar entity to facilitate the client’s goals.
- Wills and Revocable Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs)
- Installment Sales and/or Gifts to Grantor Trusts
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs) and Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRTs)
- Intra-Family Loans
- Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs) and Family Limited Liability Companies (FLLCs)
- Children's and Grandchildren's Trusts
- Generation-Skipping Transfer (GST) Tax Planning
- Qualified Domestic Trusts (QDOTs) for Non-Citizen Spouses
- Special Needs Trusts for Disabled Beneficiaries
- Tax Planning with Retirement Benefits
- Powers of Attorney and Advance Medical Directives
Click below to view descriptions of our practice areas