Charitable Gift Planning
We advise the client with charitable objectives on the full range of giving techniques, from an outright gift of cash or property to the creation of a charitable trust to the establishment of a private foundation or donor advised fund. We assist the client in analyzing the relative advantages of those techniques, in light of the client’s particular objectives and circumstances, and prepare the documents necessary to implement the client’s charitable plan.
For the client interested in charitable grantmaking, we assist with the formation and operation of private foundations and public charities. We also advise our clients on the use of donor advised funds and, where appropriate, assist in reviewing donor advised fund agreements and establishing those funds.
- Private Foundations
- Donor Advised Funds
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs)
- Charitable Lead Trusts (CLTs)
- Charitable Giving with Retirement Benefits
- Charitable Gifts of Art, Collectibles and Other Hard to Value Property
- Outright Charitable Gifts
- Other Charitable Giving Techniques